This post is part of an after-action report of Unconditional Surrender! (Salvatore Vasta, GMT Games) and therefore entirely fictitious.
We have not come to war, and yet war has come to us. For the forthcoming fight, the Stavanger chapter of the Labor Party declares:
- In a struggle between democracy and fascism, between freedom and tyranny, between good and evil, there can be no neutrality.
- The Norwegian people have in free elections chosen Johan Nygaardsvold to be their prime minister. He shall remain so, until Norwegians in free elections choose otherwise. As long as his whereabouts remain unknown, the legitimate representative of the Norwegian people will be foreign minister Trygve Lie, serving as the head of the Acting Government based at Stavanger.
- Vidkun Quisling does not represent the Norwegian people. He has committed high treason by collaborating with the enemy. Once Norway is liberated and Quisling apprehended, his treason shall be dealt with justly and sternly.
- Like the free peoples of Belgium, France, Italy, Poland, and Denmark, the free Norwegian people is stalwart in its support of the Grand Alliance of the United Kingdom, the Union of the Socialist Soviet Republics, and the United States of America.
- As Norwegians, we are grateful to the United States of America and the United Kingdom for their swift intervention on the behalf of our liberty. We shall supply the forces of both countries with all provisions as necessary until Norway is free again, as well as with our everlasting goodwill.
For the Stavanger chapter of the Labor Party
Gertrud Gaasland, Chairwoman
You can see the current state of affairs in the game in the Twitter thread: